Grandparents' Rights

Whether you are a grandparent or other family member, you want to ensure that the children in your life are cared and provided for. If the biological parents are unfit to properly care for their children due to addiction and substance abuse, incarceration, mental health issues or have created an environment of abuse or neglect, you may wish to step in and take responsibility for the children.

The Texas courts want to account for the best interests of a child when deciding where to place a child. Even if you have been the primary caregiver for a significant period of time, the courts can opt to place a child with another family member or foster family. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we help grandparents other family members in San Antonio and throughout Texas assert their rights in CPS or in other family law cases.


Click above to see how Joe Hoelscher advocates for greater Grandparent visitation and custody rights in Texas.

Asserting Your Rights As A Grandparent

If the biological parents of your grandchild have denied you visitation, there is a statute that allows you to sue for visitation. You can also sue for custody of your grandchild in a CPS case. Although you have options for asserting your rights, the laws regarding grandparents' rights are extremely complex. Our attorneys can provide you with clear interpretations of the laws and explain how they apply to your situation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we can help you pursue termination of the biological parents' rights, gain custody and in some cases, complete an adoption of your grandchildren.

We Give You Options In CPS And Other Family Law Matters

To assert your rights as a grandparent or other family member, contact our San Antonio law office to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help. Call 210-570-9902 or take a moment to complete our online contact form.